1.16.2009

Easy snack: Roast chickpeas with garlic and thyme

I made these today with thyme, but you could easily substitute other seasonings. I think a spicy version with crushed red pepper or cayenne would be especially nice. Be generous with the salt. My method is to taste and adjust once they're out of the oven.


Roast chickpeas with garlic and thyme

1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 T olive oil
1/2 t dried thyme
salt and pepper

Mix all ingredients until chickpeas are coated and seasoning is well distributed. Bake in a glass casserole dish at 450 for 15 to 20 minutes or until chickpeas start to brown.

2 comments:

Trin said...

Ok now THIS I can make.

casch said...

I've made this in a similar way, except it was on the stove top. They were kind of crunchy as I recall. It's been a while since I made them. Super simple and super good.