1.14.2009

No brainer lunch: Tuna cakes with dill sauce

Add a salad, and you have an easy and surprisingly satisfying lunch.



Tuna cakes with dill sauce

1 can tuna packed in water, drained and flaked

2 slices bread, torn into small pieces (I've used both potato and white with success.)
1 egg
1 t Worcestershire

Hot sauce - to taste
1/4 t salt
1/4 t onion powder
1/2 t dry mustard

Mix all ingredients until thoroughly moistened. Form into 4 patties. Fry in olive oil over medium heat until golden brown, turning once. Serve with dill sauce.

Dill sauce:
2 T mayo
Splash milk
Fresh or dried dill to taste (approximately 1/2 t)

Add a splash of milk to 2 tablespoons of mayo and stir well. Continue adding milk until the desired consistency is reached. Add dill to taste.

4 comments:

Trin said...

I am so making this. When I have bread. Which is never. But I will go buy some now. Just to make this. Yes I will!

Rebecca said...

Let me know how you like it!

I keep a loaf of white bread in the freezer just for this.

casch said...

Sounds so good!! and easy!!

I'm gona try it too!

Toyoki said...

Everyone who tries this is obligated to email me a sample. 'Kay?