2.05.2009

71st and Binford

How fab is 71st and Binford looking these days? Not too long ago, it was an eyesore with empty strip malls and weed filled parking lots. Today, there are shops, restaurants, and even a new Kroger. Kudos to BRAG for the work they've done!

Highlights:
Salon du Jour ~ A cute little salon next door to George's Place. Ask for Rosie, she's fabulous!

La Hacienda ~ This has to be my favorite cheap lunch in Indy. For fast food prices, you get addictive chips and salsa and a quick, hot, always yummy Mexican meal. The only glitch is finding a spot to park during the noon rush.

Entenmann's Outlet ~ Cheap donuts. 'Nuff said.

Kroger ~ Yes, I know Kroger isn't much to get excited about for many of you, but I love having one nearby. I visited for the first time yesterday, and the cheese, produce, and floral sections looked excellent. Be sure to get one of their cards for the sale prices. I saved $16! Not too shabby. The best part: no more fighting the traffic on 69 to go to Meijer. I've been grumbly about that for years.

Also noteworthy ~ GT South's BBQ and A Movable Feast to the west near Graham Rd.

I've always said my corner of town was ideal, and the rebirth of Binford is one more reason to love the northeastside.

1 comment:

Ryan and Kim said...

You are right, it is looking good!Our adoption agency, Bethany Christian Services, moved over there recently as well. It is off of Graham road next to the Kroger. It is so nice to have it so close to school!