3.09.2009

Ft. Harrison State Park

Last Saturday, Kurt and I headed to Ft. Harrison State Park on Indy's northeast side to enjoy the beautiful weather. While the park has been open since 1996, this was my first visit. I can't believe I've been missing out all these years! There are hiking trails (my favorite runs along Fall Creek), several ponds and lakes, and a paved trace for biking or dog walking. In the winter, you can cross country ski, sled, and ice fish, and in warmer temps horseback riding is available. I'm looking forward to heading back in the spring when everything has greened up.

Fall Creek

Trails

Pathway to the Fall Creek overlook

Sunset over Delaware Lake

2 comments:

WYA! said...

So glad you went- I'm there nearly daily (and headed there right now).

casch said...

Looks lovely!