4.09.2009

My favorite Easter salad

This salad is always a hit - it just tastes like spring. I'll be making a batch sans sesame seeds to take to Easter dinner Sunday (allergies on the scene!).

Spinach-strawberry salad

1 bag baby spinach (6oz)
1/2 pound strawberries, sliced
1/2 c canola or vegetable oil
1/4 c white wine vinegar
1/3-1/2 c sugar (I use about halfway in between)
1/4 t paprika
2 T sesame seeds (optional)
1 T poppy seeds (optional)

Toss spinach and berries in a large bowl.

In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, paprika, sesame seeds and poppy seeds. Pour over spinach and berries, and stir to coat.

Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. The longer it rests, the more the berries break down and flavor the dressing. Leftovers the next day are especially yummy.

Happy Easter!

2 comments:

WYA! said...

Mmmm, looks good. HAPPY EASTER TO YOU!

Dragon said...

I wish I had this for lunch today. It sounds amazing!