10.17.2009

One Book, One City

The Indianapolis-Marion County Public Library recently announced that this year's choice for their One Book, One City project will be Some Buried Caesar by Indiana native Rex Stout. The book features fictional detective Nero Wolfe was chosen to support to 40th annual world mystery convention known as Bouchercon which is being held in Indianapolis this weekend (October 15th-18th). I've never participated in the One Book, One City project, but I put my name on the waiting list and decided to give it a go this year. I love a good mystery and have heard only good things about the Nero Wolfe series.

8 comments:

Craig Miyamoto said...

Have you read it yet? And if so, what rating did you give it?

Rebecca said...

Not yet. I'm on the waitlist to get a copy from the library. I'll let you know how it is when I'm done. :)

Luthien Tinuviel said...

nero wolfe is good stuff. i haven't read this particular one yet but it's on the shelf.

Rebecca said...

I got my copy today! Hurrah for the library! :)

TMC said...

I noticed the book when I was at the Irvington branch yesterday and picked it up. I could use a nice mystery to relax with on chilly nights. I've never read any of Mr. Stout's work but I did see some of the Nero Wolfe Mysteries tv movies.

There's some contest for folks who are reading it? My book came with a comment card inside but I haven't looked over it just yet.

Rebecca said...

Just checked, no comment card in mine. Hmm ...

I'm glad to hear you're reading it, too! We'll have to compare notes on how we like it. :)

TMC said...

I just started it last night.

The introduction read like Greek to me. ???

Rebecca said...

I read about half page of the intro and moved on. I never like to read commentary on books before I read the book, and it seemed like she was going that direction.