1.10.2011

Quiche me, you fool!

I love quiche. It's light, there's pie crust, you can flavor it up any way you want, and the leftovers are delicious straight from the fridge. Plus, it manages to be both easy and elegant. What more could you want?

Here's my recipe for quiche with turkey bacon and Swiss. Feel free to substitute other meats, sauteed veggies, herbs, and cheeses. You really can't go wrong.

Bacon-Swiss Quiche

1 unbaked pie crust (store-bought or homemade)
5 strips turkey bacon, cooked crisp (3:30 in the microwave on a stack of paper towels will accomplish this)
1.5 cups grated Swiss cheese
1.5 cups milk (1% works fine)
4 eggs
2 T flour
salt and black pepper
a pinch of cayenne pepper

Preheat the oven to 375. Mix the milk, eggs, and flour until well blended. Season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Line the bottom of the pie crust with the cheese. Sprinkle crumbled bacon on top. Gently pour in egg mixture. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until center is set. Serve warm or at room temperature.

1 comment:

Craig Miyamoto said...

Quiche me once, and quiche me twice, and quiche me again and again and again. It's a delicious and different way to eat your egg a day.