1.12.2011

Waffles = happiness

A day that begins with waffles is destined to end well. It can be no other way.

My favorite waffle recipe is slightly sweet with a hint of vanilla and (the best part!) incredibly easy. We like it with berries and cream or (my favorite) fried chicken and honey butter. They're even good reheated in the toaster and topped with peanut butter.

Easy waffles
(makes 8 waffles)

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 T sugar
1 T baking powder
2 eggs, beaten
1 3/4 cups milk (lowfat is fine)
1/2 cup melted butter
1 t vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients and let rest for 2-3 minutes. Cook in preheated waffle maker until lightly browned.

5 comments:

Katie said...

we love waffles here - we got a waffle maker for christmas last year and we love it.

Craig Miyamoto said...

I love waffles, especially when they're nice and crisp on the outside and soft and tender on the inside. For me, the hardest thing about making waffles is using a step-stool to get the waffle iron out of the cupboard!

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

I love waffles with peanut butter! I've yet to have them with fried chicken.

I'm embarrassed to say that I use a mix - Krusteaz, I believe it is.
The grandkids love making waffles with our waffle maker. Can't remember the brand, but it's one of those round ones, that your turn over with the handle.

Thank you for the recipe - I'll try it!

xo
Deborah

TMC said...

I ♥ waffles. My grandma's recipe is something special (at least to us). Remind me to send it to you if you'd like it.

Rebecca said...

TMC ~ I'd love that! Thanks! :)